Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Gen 5)
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, Gen 5.
To ensure you have this version, run dmidecode:
# dmidecode -t system | grep Version Version: ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th
|Wireless network configuration#iwlwifi||Yes|
|Native Ethernet with Dongle||Yes|
|microSD card reader||Yes|
The fingerprint reader included with this model `138a:0097 Validity Sensors, Inc` currently lacks a linux driver. Community discussion of this issue indicates that preliminary efforts to reverse engineer a driver have failed. Synaptics (which has acquired 'Validity Sensors') has unofficially said that they cannot disclose the protocol, but may possibly release a binary driver.
Keyboard Fn Shortcuts
- Fn+4 sends XF86Sleep (puts computer to sleep by default)
- Fn+S sends Alt_L+Sys_Req
- Fn+P sends Pause
- Fn+B sends Control_L+Break
- Fn+K sends Scroll_Lock
- Fn by itself sends XF86WakeUp (wakes computer from sleep by default)
There are two options for displays:
- 14" FHD IPS (1920 x 1080): Works
- 14" WQHD (2560 x 1440): ??
xinput set-prop "ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse" 288 0 0 1